Looking to learn more about of benefits of Pilates.
What Is Pilates?
Pilates is a system of exercises performed in the United States since the 1920s, named after its creator Joseph Pilates. Through his years of knowledge in physical education and rehabilitation, he developed his exercises encompassing over 500 controlled, precise movements.
The Edge Pilates Studio takes pride in providing highly qualified fitness professionals, certified in the STOTT Pilates® movement. Each instructor brings his or her own rich experience to each session.
With every scientific achievement, we continue to develop and refine the movement to ensure that it remains current, relevant, and yields positive results.
- Heighten body awareness
- Boost core strength and stability
- Develop coordination and balance
- Increase muscular tone and endurance
- Injury prevention
- Improve posture and alignment
- Refine athletic performance/reduce recovery rate
- Combine strength with flexibility
- Enhanced sense of well-being and energy